Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My big boy...

I walked in from work about a week ago and John was changing Hunter's diaper. Apparently it stunk pretty bad because John said "Hunter WHAT DID YOU EAT?!? This stinks!" and Hunter in his most innocent matter of fact voice states: "I DON'T EAT POOP DAD." I could not keep my self from busting a gut.

Needless to say that was the kick off to Hunter's potty training to which Grammy's high pitched encouragement and zealous praise has contributed to Hunter practically potty training himself! Who woulda thunk it would be that easy...I might have considered letting him rip his diaper off earlier. I would not say we are completely diaper free but almost.

His second big accomplishment this week has been learning to swim. John decided to buy the kids diving rings to see if he could get them to finally get their heads under the water and low and behold it worked! They started diving like little fishes...swallowing gallons of water in the process but hey they aren't screaming about getting their faces wet. Then Hunter was sitting on the side of the pool and jumped in. I of course FREAK OUT and John's like hold on a minute lets see what he does so he just starts swimming to John and ends up swimming half way across the pool! Well Kylie was jealous and did not want to be out done so she tried but only made it two lanes worth. Still a HUGE accomplishment.

So here's my tribute to Hunter who turns 3 today, my big boy who taught himself to go potty and swim...what does he need me for?? (I guess for the snuggles, I hope he hasn't grown out of that already too!)

3 comments:

Ash said...

Where are the pics?? I got some cute ones of them at the splash park. I'll email them to you. Taking pictures of kids is really hard. Happy Birthday to Hunter!

Chelseanator said...

Oh wow, such a big boy! That is some exciting accomplishments and some good tatics too :] That's way cool too about them swimming, how fun. I was thinking it was another GA's friend's birthday too. I read Robyn's post about Jacob's b-day and I was thinking wasn't there another kid's birthday exactly on the same day? Three years old!?!! Wow, that is great. Sounds like you guys are having a fun summer! Keep enjoying and good luck!

Love, Chelsea

Stacey Fam said...

Holy Cow! We haven't seen you guys for way too long! You're kids are all grown up and so precious! Oh my gosh!